Most finance graduates are already determined to enter the work force as a financial professional. But which specific finance role matches your career goals? Cost Accountant? Treasury Analyst? Financial Planning? How will you know without exploring all of your options early in your career?
That’s why Brunswick created the Financial Leadership Development Program (FLDP).
Brunswick’s FLDP program is an intensive, two-year rotational program that balances both on-the-job and formal training experiences. The program provides you with the finance, business and leadership skills necessary to be successful throughout your career.
With a wide variety of opportunities, guidance and experience, the FLDP program allows you to choose the finance field that is right for you.
- Vision and Mission
- The FLDP Vision
To provide exemplary finance professional development to employees, enabling them to contribute at an elevated level and preparing them to be future business leaders at Brunswick Corporation.
The FLDP Mission
- Offer a unique finance professional development program providing participants the finance, professional and leadership skills necessary to be successful throughout their career.
- Place participants in challenging finance positions that maximize professional development through exposure to multiple finance functions and diverse business environments.
- In addition to on-the-job training, participants will complete formal training with a focus on various professional and technical skills.
- At the conclusion of the program, each participant should be prepared to provide an elevated level of performance and value to the organization.
- FLDP’s Rotational Structure
- The FLDP program allows you to experience different finance arenas to help you determine which specific role is best for you. The total program duration is 2 years for each FLDP participant.
Here is the general FLDP structure:
- Rotate between new finance assignments every 4-6 months
- Participate in 4-5 unique finance assignments
- Gain experience in at least 2 different Brunswick business environments
- Become familiar with various Brunswick locations in the United States
Experienced managers and program administrators will act as your mentors, enhancing your business understanding and furthering your career development. Upon completion of the program, participants typically assume full-time positions within the Company.
Please Note: Rotational opportunities vary based on Brunswick’s business needs and the career interests of each FLDP participant.
- Professional Development Highlights
As a FLDP participant, you will also learn valuable leadership development skills to help you grow throughout your FLDP experience.
- Potential Rotational Locations
Brunswick’s unique product portfolio allows you to learn how the Company operates in a variety of business settings:
Brunswick Bowling & Billiards
- Lake Forest, Illinois
- Muskegon, Michigan
Brunswick Corporate Headquarters
- Lake Forest (Chicago), Illinois
Brunswick Boat Group
- Knoxville, Tennessee
- Various Florida locations
- Fort Wayne, Indiana
- New York Mills, MN
- Schiller Park (Chicago), Illinois
- Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
- Candidate Requirements
- We are looking for university graduates with degrees in finance, accounting or economics and a GPA of 3.3 or higher.
Brunswick is looking for high-potential performers that possess financial acumen, integrity, experience working in teams and a willingness to relocate. Ideal candidates will be motivated, resourceful individuals that can adapt quickly to new work environments and communicate effectively with all levels of management.
Here is a list of factors Brunswick looks for when selecting FLDP participants:
- Career Interest in Finance
- Academic Excellence (GPA 3.3 or higher)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Geographic Mobility
- Flexibility / Adaptability
- Leadership Potential
- Initiative / Drive
- Strong Work Ethic
- Intellectual Curiosity
- How to Apply/Contact Information
- If you believe you have what it takes to make highly-visible contributions, drive change and become a finance business leader, Brunswick would like to hear from you.
If you would like to learn about current opportunities go to www.brunswick.com/careers.