The events of the last few weeks are reminders of the depth and degree of racial and other structural inequalities in our society. Brunswick Corporation has no tolerance for racism and other forms of discrimination.
Consistent with our core values, Brunswick Corporation and each of our brands embrace our responsibility to help address structural obstacles and biases that inhibit an inclusive economy and a just society. We believe in and are committed to the fundamental principles of fairness and equality, in the power of a diverse workforce and in being actively engaged in making our communities better.
Brunswick was recently named to Forbes Magazine list of Best Employers for Diversity; however, we know that we must do much more and that the current situation demands action.
Here are examples of actions we are taking:
- For the second year, Brunswick is making a donation to the Executive Leadership Council to help fund scholarship programs aimed at increasing educational opportunities for young black women and men;
- Brunswick is also making a donation to the Equal Justice Initiative – an organization that is committed to challenging racial and economic injustice, protecting basic human rights for the most vulnerable in our society and support for the wrongly accused;
- We are quickly working to leverage our industry leadership and our relationships with leading influencers including professional athletes and television hosts to support causes close to them as well as collaborating on programs that are aimed at promoting minority education, career development and community involvement while working together to bring more diversity to our industry;
- Our Company is establishing an Enterprise Diversity and Inclusion Council to further improve awareness and focus on opportunities to promote and sustain a diverse workforce;
- We will continue to encourage and enable development of our communities by dedicating talent and resources to causes that promote community development, education and opportunity (examples of these efforts can be found in our recently published Company Sustainability Report).
Moving forward, we will continue to listen to and learn from our communities, customers and employees to better understand how Brunswick can help support their needs as we stand in unity with all others committed to the principles of equal justice and opportunity.
Chief Executive Officer