Brunswick Facilities Worldwide Recognized for Safety Achievements
METTAWA, Ill., April 10, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Brunswick Corporation (NYSE: BC) announced today the recipients of its top safety awards for 2018 performance. These honors not only recognize significant accomplishments, but also encourage and reward employees and facilities that have achieved outstanding safety and wellness performance through promoting and practicing safety awareness, ultimately minimizing workplace incidents and injuries and improving the workplace.
All Brunswick manufacturing, engineering and distribution facilities worldwide are eligible for such recognition. For 2018 performance, three facilities are being recognized with the Brunswick Safety Leadership Award, and each will direct a $10,000 donation to a local charity of its choice.
The Company also is recognizing seven facilities with the Brunswick Award for Sustained Safety Performance to acknowledge operations that consistently rank among the highest in safety performance levels over a period of years. Each of those seven facilities will direct a $2,500 donation to a local charity of its choice.
Additionally, 14 facilities were recognized with Distinguished Safety Awards for their 2018 safety performance. In all, 25 facilities did not sustain any lost-time incidents in 2018.
The Brunswick Safety Leadership Award is selected and presented by Brunswick senior management to the most outstanding performers. The separate Distinguished Safety Award designation is achieved by meeting specific safety performance results, which include incident rates and other Brunswick criteria.
The three facilities that have won the prestigious Brunswick Safety Leadership Award for 2018 performance include:
- Edgewater, Fla. – Boston Whaler
- Atlanta, Ga. - Land N’ Sea / Mercury Marine Plant 73 Regional Distribution Center
- Fond du Lac, Wis. – Mercury Marine Plant 12 Engineering
The seven facilities recognized with the Brunswick Award for Sustained Safety Performance for 2018 performance include:
- Juarez, Mexico - Mercury Marine Plant 22
- Suzhou, People’s Republic of China - Mercury Marine Plant 58
- Bangor, Northern Ireland - Whale Marine
- New York Mills, Minn. – Lund/Crestliner Boats
- Oshkosh, Wis. – Mercury Marine Plant 33 Engineering
- Milton, Ontario, Canada – Mercury Marine Plant 20 Regional Distribution Center
- Dandenong, Australia – Mercury Marine Plant 25
The 14 Brunswick manufacturing and distribution facilities worldwide that were cited with the Distinguished Safety Award for their safety performance in 2018 include:
- Dandridge, Tenn. - Brunswick Recreational Boats
- Petit-Rechain, Belgium - Mercury Marine Plant 28
- Fresno, Cal. - Land N’ Sea / Mercury Marine Plant 75 Regional Distribution Center
- Brisbane, Australia – BLA Marine
- Kent, Wash. - Land ‘N’ Sea
- Fond du Lac, Wis. – Mercury Marine Plant 4
- Langley, British Columbia, Canada. - Mercury Marine Plant 89 Regional Distribution Center
- Lebanon, Mo. – Lowe Boats
- Kansas City, Mo. - Land 'N' Sea
- Panama City, Fla. – Mercury Marine Plant 37 Testing
- Pompano Beach, Fla. - Land 'N' Sea
- Reynosa, Mexico - Bayliner Boats
- Shreveport, La. - Land ‘N’ Sea
- St. Paul Park, Minn. – Garelick
“People, along with Energy, Environment and Products, are the four pillars of Brunswick’s sustainability efforts,” explained Brunswick Chief Executive Officer David Foulkes. “We seek to have our employees, partners, customers and the communities where Brunswick operates all enjoying happier, healthier and more fulfilling lives. Safety and wellness are key components of this effort.
“And while we are pleased that our facilities rank among the best in the marine industry, consistent with our sustainability commitment, we remain dedicated to continuous and further improvement in our safety performance,” Foulkes said.
“Safety is everyone’s responsibility and concern at Brunswick. Our congratulations to these facilities and their employees on their tremendous accomplishments,” Foulkes concluded.
Headquartered in Mettawa, Ill., Brunswick Corporation’s leading consumer brands include Mercury Marine outboard engines; Mercury MerCruiser sterndrive and inboard packages; Mercury global parts and accessories including propellers and SmartCraft electronics; Power Products Integrated Solutions; MotorGuide trolling motors; Attwood, Garelick and Whale marine parts; Land ’N’ Sea, BLA, Payne’s Marine, Kellogg Marine and Lankhorst Taselaar marine parts distribution; and Mercury and Quicksilver parts and oils; Bayliner, Boston Whaler, Crestliner, Cypress Cay, Harris, Lowe, Lund, Princecraft, Quicksilver, Rayglass, Sea Ray, Thunder Jet and Uttern boats; Boating Services Network, NAUTIC-ON, OnBoard Boating Club and Rentals; Life Fitness, Hammer Strength, Cybex, Indoor Cycling Group and SCIFIT fitness equipment; and Brunswick billiards tables, accessories and game room furniture. For more information, visit https://www.brunswick.com.
Daniel Kubera Director – Media Relations and Corporate Communications 847-735-4617 firstname.lastname@example.org
Released April 10, 2019