Brunswick Recognizes Global Facilities for Record-Setting Safety Achievements
METTAWA, Ill. – April 13, 2023 – Brunswick Corporation (NYSE: BC) today announced the 29 recipients of its 2023 awards for exceptional safety performance in a year in which Brunswick achieved the lowest incident and injury rates in Company history. These honors highlight Brunswick’s commitment to safety culture and initiatives while recognizing employees and facilities that have achieved outstanding safety and wellness performance.
“Safety is embedded at the heart of everything we do,” said David Foulkes, Brunswick Corporation CEO. “Maintaining a safety culture across our enterprise empowers our employees to operate safely on the job each day, and we are thrilled to recognize the Brunswick facilities around the world that continue to implement industry-leading safety processes and demonstrate a culture that promotes creating a safe work environment as a responsibility shared by all employees globally.”
All Brunswick manufacturing, engineering and distribution facilities worldwide are eligible for this recognition, which is awarded in three categories: the Brunswick Safety Leadership Awards, the Brunswick Sustained Safety Performance Awards, and the Brunswick Distinguished Safety Awards.
Brunswick is recognizing four facilities with the Brunswick Safety Leadership Award for 2022 performance; each location will receive $10,000 to donate to a local charity of its choice.
The four facilities earning the Brunswick Safety Leadership Award for 2022 performance are:
- Cloud, Florida (Mercury Marine Plant 7)
- Fort Wayne, Indiana (Brunswick Aluminum Pontoon Boats)
- Stuart, Florida (Lenco Marine, Navico Group)
- BLA Distribution (Brisbane, Australia)
Additionally, 13 facilities earned the Brunswick Sustained Safety Performance Award, an honor recognizing operations whose safety metrics consistently rank among the highest in Brunswick safety excellence over multiple years. Each of these facilities will receive $1,500 to donate to a local charity of its choice.
The 13 facilities earning the Brunswick Sustained Safety Performance Awards are:
- New York Mills, Minnesota (Brunswick Aluminum Boats)
- Reynosa, Mexico (Brunswick Venture Boat Group)
- Vila Nova de Cerveira, Portugal (Brunswick Venture Boat Group)
- Juarez, Mexico (ACME, Navico Group)
- Juarez, Mexico (Mercury Marine Plant 22)
- Bangor, Northern Ireland (Whale Marine, Navico Group)
- Fond du Lac, Wisconsin (Mercury Marine Plant 17)
- Fond du Lac, Wisconsin (Mercury Marine 15)
- Dandenong, Australia (Mercury Plant 25)
- Oshkosh, Wisconsin (Mercury Plant 33)
- Suzhou, China (Mercury Marine Plant 58)
- Langley, Canada (Mercury Marine Plant 89)
- Palhoça, Brazil (Mercury Marine Distribution Center)
Brunswick is also recognizing the following 12 facilities with Distinguished Safety Awards for 2022 performance:
- Montagnana, Italy (Navico Group)
- Taycheedah, Wisconsin (Mercury Plant 36)
- Miramar, Florida (Mercury Marine Plant 85)
- Petit-Rechain, Belgium (Mercury Marine Plant 28)
- Suzhou, China (Brunswick Trading (Suzhou) Co., Ltd.)
- Kansas City, Missouri (Land N’ Sea Distribution Center)
- Shreveport, Louisiana (Land N’ Sea Distribution Center)
- Fresno, California (Land N’ Sea / Mercury Marine Distribution Center)
- Norfolk, Virginia (Land N’ Sea Distribution Center)
- Grand Rapids, Michigan (Land N’ Sea Distribution Center)
- Heerenveen, Netherlands (Lankhorst Taselaar)
- Victoria, Canada (Paynes Marine Supply)
In all, 57 Brunswick facilities did not incur any lost-time incidents in 2022. The Brunswick Safety Leadership Award recipients are selected by Brunswick senior management. The separate Sustained Performance Awards and Distinguished Safety Awards are determined by the achievement of specific safety performance objectives, which include incident rates and other metrics.
Brunswick Corporation (NYSE: BC) is the global leader in marine recreation, delivering innovation that transforms experiences on the water and beyond. Our unique, technology-driven solutions are informed and inspired by deep consumer insights and powered by our belief that “Next Never Rests™”. Brunswick is dedicated to industry leadership, to being the best and most trusted partner to our many customers, and to building synergies and ecosystems that enable us to challenge convention and define the future. Brunswick is home to more than 60 industry-leading brands. In the category of Marine Propulsion, these brands include, Mercury Marine, Mercury Racing and MerCruiser. Brunswick’s comprehensive collection of parts, accessories, distribution, and technology brands includes Mercury Parts & Accessories, Land ‘N’ Sea, Lowrance, Simrad, B&G, Mastervolt, RELiON, Attwood and Whale. Our boat brands are some of the best known in the world, including Boston Whaler, Lund, Sea Ray, Bayliner, Harris Pontoons, Princecraft and Quicksilver. Our service, digital and shared-access businesses include Freedom Boat Club, Boateka and a range of financing, insurance, and extended warranty businesses. While focused primarily on the marine industry, Brunswick also successfully leverages its portfolio of advanced technologies to deliver an exceptional suite of solutions in mobile and industrial applications. Headquartered in Mettawa, Illinois, Brunswick has 19,000 employees operating in 27 countries. In 2022, Brunswick was named by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and as one of America’s Most Responsible Companies by Newsweek, both for the third consecutive year. For more information, visit brunswick.com.
Released April 12, 2023